The 20/20 Vision: Blockchain & the Future of Law Symposium.
We’ll see you on Oct. 16th.
The Journal of Corporation Law, the University of Iowa College of Law, and Sidley Austin LLP are proud to host this all-things-blockchain symposium via Zoom on Oct. 16, 2020. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Add us to your calendar.
Schedule of Events
All times are in EDT.
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Welcome Remarks & Introduction to Blockchain
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Panel 1: How to Regulate Blockchain Technology
- Nelson Rosario, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Lilya Tessler, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Heather Hughes, American University
- Raymond Zenkich, Evertas
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Break
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Panel 2: Blockchain and Capital Markets
- Scott J. Shackelford, IU Maurer School of Law
- Wulf Kaal, Private Investment Fund Institute
- Michael Mattioli, IU Maurer School of Law
12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Break
12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m Keynote Address
- SEC Commissioner Hester M. Peirce in a fireside chat with Joel Telpner
1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Break
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Panel 3: Corporate Governance Issues & Blockchain
- Jeffrey M. Lipshaw, Suffolk University
- Joel Telpner, Sullivan & Worchester
3:00 p..m. – 3:15 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Panel 4: Blockchain and Changes to Contract Law
- Andrew Hinkes, NYU College of Law
- Carla Reyes, MSU College of Law
- Rick Martinez, Jones Day
Day-of Zoom Link
Click here to share the LinkedIn event!
Attorneys are eligible for 5 CLE credits in Iowa and 4 CLE credits in Illinois. We are pending in New York and California, but follow up with us at email@example.com to complete the necessary paperwork.
Subscribing to JCL
You should, and if you don’t, you can subscribe here.